Wow! When I started this blog, I thought I would have endless time to write on all sorts of topics. Turns out working full time, running a business, being a wife, being a mother and having a house to tend, does not leave that much time for writing!
Things have been very busy.
I saw 3 brides this week!! So obviously I have brides and weddings on my mind!! I thought I would take this opportunity to share with you some tips for making your wedding day a little easier.
1. USE PROPER SKIN CARE Give nature a helping hand by starting a basic skin care program at least 2-3 months prior to your wedding. Daily care, a morning and evening regimen primes your face for the sheer makeup look brides love
2. USE WATERPROOF MASCARA Undoubtedly, this is one of the happiest moments of your life and you may shed a few tears of joy. The last thing you want to happen is the photographer taking a picture of your makeup leaving your face before you leave the alter.
3. USE LIPLINER AND LIPSTICK The ultimate in kissable lips...Select a lipstick rich in moisturizers and emollients. Line first, use a brush to apply colour and reapply for staying power. Add a touch of gloss for shine. Avoid frosted lip colour.
4. USE TRANSLUCENT FACE POWDER Sets makeup and provides a matte finish. Helps control oil break-through and shine. Always select powder in a shade closest to your natural skin tone. Pressed powder is portable so use it throughout the day to pat away shine. Shake applicator after each use.
5. WEAR THE CORRECT SHADE OF FOUNDATION Gives skin a smooth even-toned finish as it guards against environmental elements. Apply with fingers, sponge or brush using sweeping strokes, blending well, especially along the jaw line and hairline. Do not select a foundation shade to match the back of your hand. Select one that closely blends along the jaw line.
6. USE COLOUR HARMONY Colour is the variable that adds sparkly to your bridal look. To harmonize, simply choose makeup and wardrobe attire with a single undertone, either vibrantly cool or radiantly warm. Make sure you harmonize lip colour, cheek colour and nail colour.
7. BLUSH APPLICATION Blush should provide a soft glow, never streaked or blotchy. For sheer and even application, use a blush blending brush. Begin applying at the base of the hairline near the ear and blend forward using up and down feathery strokes. Wherever you lay the blending brush first, deposits the most colour. Lightly dust face powder over blush to tone.
8. WEAR A FRAGRANCE A woman’s fragrance is her most intimate trademark, the invisible part of herself that makes a lasting impression on other people’s senses.
The scents you select are your own personal signatures. Never overdo your aroma. Make sure your fragrance doesn’t arrive before you do! Use fragrance- layering techniques to apply body creams, and colognes. Before the big day, experiment with a new scent you wear for the first time on your wedding day to make it your own special fragrance.
9. WEAR MAKEUP Use tricks of the beauty trade to accentuate, enhance and define your most excellent features. Glamour can be applied to compliment any face shape and complexion, regardless of facial contours or bone structure. Minor imperfections and blemishes may be neatly corrected by using a matched concealer. The secret is to experiment prior to your wedding date
10. USE A PROFESSIONAL Beautiful skin care and glamour isn’t just something you buy - it’s something you learn. Through personal instruction learn the right beauty regimen customized for your skin type and proper glamour application. It’s your Wedding Day guarantee!!
BONUS TIP If you are planning to get your nails done, I recommend booking your appointment 4-6 weeks in advance. This will give you time to get used to functioning with your nails, reduce the chance that there will be a break, and make sure that you have time for a fill before the big day. This is especially important if you are having a destination wedding, or just not going to be around to see your tech if something goes wrong.
All eyes will be on you. Make sure every inch is worthy of close-up attention.
If you have any questions, or would like suggestions on products, please, please message me or comment below! I am always available to answer questions.
Posted by Jennifer Bagu. Posted In : Weddings